Monday, March 2, 2009

Top five favorites

My five favorite pieces of clothing:
  • Even with a tight budget, I always splurge on bags, shoes and jeans. They're the canvas of an outfit and if they're cheap and dowdy then your whole outfit will look cheap and dowdy. My favorite jeans are AG (Adriano Goldschmeid). This past Black Friday, my best friend/shopping partner-in-crime braved the outlets at Woodbury Commons. I found a pair of PERFECT jeans with faux knee patches and fading. They made my tush look fabulous - the most important part of jeans! And the best part? They were 60% off!!
  • This past Christmas my boyfriend gave me a beautiful black leather Michael Kors bag. When it comes to purses and shoes, I like to keep things high-quality, simple and classic. My bag is black with white stitching and a tan linen lining. It's large enough to be used as a carry-on while traveling but has a structured look to it.
  • One of my favorite accessories is a Thai silk pasmini that one of my close friends bought for me at a market in Thailand. It's thick enough to wear as a skirt in the summer and a scarf in the winter.
  • Another favorite is a pair of rounded toe, wedge-heeled boots made out of real leather that I purchased 2 years ago in Barcelona. I wore them all over Barcelona with tights and wool shorts (that was the look in Spain at the time).
  • My all time favorite article of clothing is my vintage, one of a kind Hugo Boss knee length jacket that I bought at a Saratoga thrift store. Apparently a model who used to live in Saratoga divorced her husband to move to LA and donated $20k worth of one-of-a-kind designer clothing to this consignment shop - that's where 90% of their stock came from!.
I like to wear clothes that are high-quality and have just a little something different about them. I think that that's the difference between being overly trendy and classically fashionable.

No comments: