Friday, March 6, 2009

Shoppers Remorse

A few weeks ago I lost my self-control and shopped. Like REALLY shopped. I bought 2 pairs of designer jeans that I cannot afford...they weren't even on sale. I also bought the perfect LBD by Nicole Miller. The jeans, however, didn't meet my satisfaction...well, my bank accounts satisfaction. 7 for All Mankind Flynt jeans for $155 and Citizens of Humanity for $158...it seemed like a good idea at the time. The Citizens were, thankfully, on back order so I called Nordstrom and cancelled them. The 7's however, came in with my dress. I had to hold myself back from taking them out of the plastic, because I knew if i tried them on, I wouldn't return them. I couldn't afford to keep them, when I have a closet full of jeans that are perfectly good and wearable. I even have them organized in my closet in two piles: Designer and Regular.

It has been my mission, as of late, to own designer duds. Jeans, specifically, because I wear them all the time, they fit better and are extremely well made. I do, though, have to figure out a way to afford all of the designer threads I desire.

This is why, I need a majorly successful career.

I also believe, or it's just wishful thinking, that if I owned more designer clothing, I would be less apt to shop because I would want to get my money's worth out of the expensive things that I bought...

Does this make any sense???

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm so proud of you!!