Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time, You Ain't No Friend of Mine

Dear Time,

Hey! What's up? I really wish we could sit down and chat real soon, because it seems like I am lacking you. I have been for quite some time, Time. You are very hard to manage and frankly...our relationship is starting to take a toll on my life. In essence, I wish I had more of you. Or maybe more of me to pass around. Between work, work # 2, yoga and my social life I don't have much of you left. But you know what I really think the problem is, Time, is that I have mismanaged you. I tend to be a people pleaser, and Time, well, you don't let me relish in my glory. Every minute of my days are controlled by you. Every action I take, I calculate you. Time, I think it's about time that we took a break. I think it's time for you to be a little more cooperative and help a woman out once in awhile. Maybe make the days longer, or help me say "no" to others when asked to do something or go somewhere. Time, I really need you to work with me here. Because, frankly, Time, you ain't no friend of mine.

Say "Hi" to your father for me.

Sincerely,

Mac

No comments: