Friday, April 3, 2009

A Lucky Break

I'm really needing a lucky break right now. I'm at that crossroads in my life where I can go in a few directions, none of which I am positive I will be happy travelling on. For the first time in my life, I have no idea what I want. I also don't have a plan. It also doesn't help that the job market is in the pooper either.

Like Chandler Bing once told Rachel on Friends, "You need the fear!" The quote refers to Rachel wanting to find a new job after she realizes she's a terrible waitress, Chandler convinces her to quit her job before finding a new one to instill fear that she will go after what she really wants.

Although I would love to have "the fear" I am also responsible in the fact that I can't quit my job when I have bills to pay. I noticed I fell into this slump when I moved back into my mother's house after my 6-year relationship ended. I lost my focus, my drive, my ability to do for myself.

I've always been an ambitious person, but lately I can't focus on what I really want. (Hence why I repeated myself...)

By weeks end (or beginning, depends on how you view your weekends) I will come up with a plan.

Monica: "Who am I kidding, I don't have a plan!"
Pheobe: "I don't even have a 'pla...'"

No comments: