Monday, April 6, 2009

This is My Office Space

As I grow older with age (mind you, I'm 25) I find that High School Drama doesn't end in High School. It carries on through all walks of life, including adulthood and occurs your place of employment.

We have a "Boys Club," it's super exclusive which means you have to have a penis, huge muscles, a huge ego and no brain (or common sense) to be a member. They make all the decisions that go on here. So far, they've been lucky. But soon, I see that luck running out. Because with too much power, and the thought of relinquishing control (which was suggested by an expensive outsider) I see failure, and it's big.

I love my cubicle. It's in the front so I get to see everyone walking by and people stop and chat. It's nice. I've been sitting here for a year. I have my trusty sidekick who sits behind me and I would probably be bored to death with out her there.

Last Friday afternoon rolls around, I was called into Bitchglob's office and she tells me to sit down. Mind you, her baby was crawling around the building all day and she sat cooing at her in her office for 8 hours not doing a lick of work.

"I fight for your job EVERYDAY...everyday, everyday."

I had to stifle my laughter at her exclamation. She went on to explain that no one is safe yet from getting laid off, and that they want to move my cubicle to be closer to her office. She also added that it was brought to her attention that my sidekick and I "socialize" too much. And that upper management (The Boys Club) wants to separate us because they feel in upsets our work day. A B.S. excuse if you ask me, but I have no other choice right now.

Bringing me back to my earlier point, they are separating us like two chatty Kathy's in a classroom. But I'm about to graduate and move on to bigger and better.

Siyonara suckers.

No comments: